Late last year ESRI’s Applications Prototype Lab released the dynamic charting tool for ArcGIS Desktop 9.2/9.3. This tool provided the unique ability to display dynamic pie charts during editing operations.
- Ability to switch between a pie chart and a column chart,
- Ability to pick any summary field other than area, for example, cost or mineral volume,
- Improved performance, the charts are only updated following an editing operation such as an add or delete. Previously updates occurred at regular time intervals.
- The legend is now sorted alphabetically,
- And mostly importantly, the user interface colors have been toned down. :-)
The new tool can be downloaded from the ArcGIS Resource Center from this link. The download includes full source code. The tool is developed as a desktop AddIn and is written in C# using WPF and the WPF Toolkit.